Infant Care-Introducing Solid Foods
Infant Care-Introducing Solid Foods The following time you walk down the child food aisle, stare for a minute at the thoroughly piled containers of child food.
What might be less complicated, tastes galore with fast, very easy open tops.
Making your very own child food is tasty as well as simple. Begin with natural veggies, if at all feasible.
A lot of child’s love homemade carrots as well as wonderful potatoes the finest. Place some water in the base of your pot, placed in the cleaner as well as include reduced up veggies and also fruit. Steam the food up until it is soft and also allow great.
There is no demand to period or include salt to fit to be tied food as vegetables and fruit are normally experienced. Pick any type of seeds or coarse strings that can choke your infant.
Different the fit to be tied food and also place each independently in a food cpu, including a little bottled or filtered water when required to soften food. As your little one expands, you can leave bigger little bits of food in the mix.
You can get little containers or containers to utilize or also make use of ice dice trays to save your food. It is not an excellent suggestion to microwave the fit to be tied food, as it can get too hot and also melt your infant.
When feeding your infant, never ever placed the spoon in a container packed with food. The saliva on the spoon will certainly damage down the food and also you will certainly need to throw away the remainder.
Maintain your food in the fridge freezer by day, with the more recent sets going behind the old. The food can be iced up for 3 months.
When you see exactly how abundant in shade these fit to be tied foods are, you will certainly never ever wish to return to shaken, store-bought child food.
The following time you walk down the infant food aisle, stare for a minute at the diligently piled containers of child food. Making your very own child food is scrumptious as well as simple.
Different the fit to be tied food and also place each individually in a food cpu, including a little bottled or filtered water when required to soften food.
It is not a great concept to microwave the fit to be tied food, as it can get too hot as well as melt your infant.
When you see exactly how abundant in shade these fit to be tied foods are, you will certainly never ever desire to go back to quaked, store-bought child food.
Safety Tips – Important In Careing For Babies – Part 1
What You Should Do?
1. Always keep the baby neat and clean.
2. Cut the nails properly with utmost care.
3. Wet nappy should be removed and parts should be cleaned with soap.
4. Take care of the genitals because fungal infection is common in that area. Parts should be kept dry.
5. Care of the scalp is very important.Fungal infections, dermatitis ect can be prevented by proper cleaning.
6. Tight dress can cause irritation, hence dress should be loose and should allow entry of air.
7. Room should have sufficient light and ventilation.It should be free from dust and insects.
8. Seperate bed preferably water proof is needed for kids .It should be arranged near mother’s bed.
9. Always keep some music making toys near the baby.
10. While carrying the baby, support the head with hand. Since the neck muscles are weak sudden fall of head can be dangerous.
11. Mothers milk is the best nutrition for the baby,it also gives emotional attachment.Breast milk should be given as per the babies need preferably in mother sitting position.Proper cleaning of nipple is also necessary.Mother should take good nutritious diet throughout lactating period.
12. If there is some contraindication for breast feeding cows milk can be given.Feeding bottle should be cleaned with warm water and should be kept dry till next use.
13. Cows milk should be boiled and cooled.Some diseases like bovine tuberculosis,brucellosis ect spread through raw milk.
14. Some children are allergic to some substances like food,milk,dress,cosmetics ect.. Try to find out the material causing allergy and avoid such things.
15. Mosquito nets should be used regularly.Diseases like malaria,dengue ,filariasis,yellow fever and ect spread through mosquito bites. Mosquito bite can also produce skin eruptions with some allergic reactions.It also disturbes sound sleep.
16. A calm atmosphere should be maintained for a good sleep.Compared to adults infants need more sleep.It is said that growth hormone secretion is activated during sleep.
17. Growth developement,behavioral developement,motor developement,personal social developement,language developement ect should be noted down in relation to age. However parents need not be over anxious because slight variations are seen from individual to individual.
18. Assessment of growth by measuring height and weight is necessary.
19. In the early months of life infant may defecate after every feed.Proper toilet training should be given when the infant grows.The infant can be placed on the toilet seat by the age of ten months.
20. The toilet seat (potty seat) should be cleaned with antiseptic liquid before and after use.It should not be shared by other children.
21. If the baby shows some signs of distress like excessive crying,convulsions,fever with rigor,stiffness of neck,frequent vomiting and diarrhoea,bluish discolouration of the body,difficult breathing with grunting, ect pay attention and consult your doctor.
22. A first aid box should be kept in the room ,which should contain sterile cotton,dressing materials,antiseptic lotion and ointment and forceps.Seperate book should be maintained to note down the phone numbers of doctors, ambulance,police ect.
23. Child’s medicines should be kept in seperate box.Information regarding dose and mode of administration should be written in a paper and affixed on the box.
24. While driving keep the baby in seperate seat belt.
25. When you are going out with the baby keep an identity card with your phone number and address inside his small pocket.
26. When the infant starts walking always accompany him to prevent a fall and injuries thereby.
27. In emergencies take the first aid measures and take the victim to nearby hospital.
The baby may swallow some solid objects and cause obstruction. Immediately make the baby to lie on the abdomen in head low position and press the abdomen backwards and towards the chest.
Stroking the upper back is also useful. If no result call a trained person to take the material with the help of forceps.
Try to takeout the poisonous substance and induce vomiting (except kerosine & acids). Wash the body with water to reduce absorption through skin.Identify the pioson and take the victim to the hospital.
First of all remove the source of heat and put clean cold water. Burned cloths should not be removed immediately. Cover the wound with sterile cotton and take to nearby hospital.
Clean the wound with clean water and stop the bleeding by compressing, raising the wound above the level of heart or use a tourniquet to compress blood vessels. Then dress the wound with sterile cotton, bandage and consult a doctor.
Drowning in bath tub:
Take the baby immediately and keep the head in a low position, press the abdomen gentely or give a mouth to mouth sucking till the air way is clear. Give mouth to mouth breathing and cardiac massage and take the victim to the hospital.
Stop the source of current. Then observe the victim,if no breathing give mouth to mouth breath along with cardiac massage and take to the hospital.
28. And the last but not the least, give your child maximum care, love and support to make him/her healthy and happy for ever.
Tofu For Baby – Disover How This Amazing Food Can Benefit Your Baby‘s Diet
Tofu for baby – discover how this amazing food can benefit
your baby‘s diet.
Tofu – that’s just for vegetarians, right? Wrong. Tofu is a highly nutritious food that, rather than being seen as just an alternative to meat, should be included in your baby‘s diet on its own merits! Tofu is part of the legume family.
It is fermented soymilk curd – the process by which it is made compares to the way that cheese is made from milk. Tofu is a rich source of protein, calcium, iron, fibre and fatty acids – key components for good nutrition.
There are two basic types of tofu – hard/firm tofu, often used in recipes that needs a consistency which holds together well – and soft or silken tofu, generally used for desserts, smoothies, soups and sauces.
Fresh tofu has a sweet aroma when opened – any sour odour would indicate that it is stale and should not be used for your baby.
It will keep for seven days in the refrigerator and should be placed in an airtight container of water. It is, however, essential that the water is changed on a daily basis.
Tofu does not freeze particularly well – upon defrosting it becomes somewhat spongy in texture and appears discoloured.
You can introduce this versatile and healthy food to your baby once he/she is at least 8 months of age. (It is important, however, to be aware that soy is a potential allergen. When introducing it to your baby for the very first time, watch carefully for any signs of an allergic reaction.
Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, stuffy or runny nose, watery or red eyes and wheezing. Should you ever suspect your baby is allergic to a particular type of food, then contact a medical professional immediately).
It is very easy to incorporate tofu into your baby‘s diet because it has very little taste of its own. Instead, it absorbs the flavours of any foods it comes into contact with.
Initially, you could try blending tofu with cottage cheese or avocado, for a simple, nutritious meal. Soft tofu creamed with fruit would make a delicious dessert for baby.
Alternatively, tofu can be cut into chunks and served to your baby raw, as a healthy finger food. Taking into account tofu’s extensive nutritional properties,
along with its versatility, it would clearly provide a very worthwhile boost to most babies’ diets.
Infant Massage Certifications
Infant massage has been around for decades now. It has become widely recognized as a powerful means of promoting development in infants and attachment with the caregivers,
not to mention the myriad of physiological and emotional benefits that the massage can give.
And, it is with this recognition that infant massage certifications are now made available to the parents and caregivers to consider.
The infant massage certifications have been designed and developed for one main reason – more and more parents are trying to learn and practice everything that the infant massage has to offer.
So to make them reliable and credible enough to perform the massage, they must first attend trainings and earn infant massage certifications.
Fortunately, finding the right infant massage certifications is a bit easy for a myriad of options available out there for you to choose from.
However, just like the other certification programs, the infant massage certifications are given with different coverage, trainings, and charges.
But all of them, however, are designed and offered to make parents aware that infant massage is important for their babies’ health, and for their relationships as parent and child.
Yes, infant massage is a great way to build a great relationship between parents and infants, the reason that most of the infant massage certifications are offered for mothers and fathers.
Speaking of coverage, the infant massage certifications differ according to what is offered by the particular institution. Some offer a background on the global history, methodology and techniques of infant massage, while others are focusing much on what the massage can contribute to the development of the infant.
It is also usual in most infant massage certification that the emphasis is on the physical change infants and children is provided, as well as the understanding of touch deprivation effects between orphaned children and the families that could be at risk.
There are even some programs for certification that delve much on how to market your special skills and abilities and generate an infant massage class of your own.
This emphasis is primarily beneficial for those who are thinking to spread and share their knowledge to others.
The infant massage certification classes are usually handled by professionals. In the class, your may encounter a number of physical therapists and childlife specialists holding the classes,
such as nurses, developmental specialists, social workers, speech therapists, childbirth educators, doctors, massage therapists, lactation consultants, midwives, case workers, and parents teaching or attending the certification classes.
All of these people have their own reasons for attending the infant massage certification classes, but one thing is for sure – they all want to learn how to take care of infants who are their precious possessions.
So if you want to learn and be trained in infant massage, earn a degree in infant massage and a certificate called a “certified infant massage therapist”.
Helping New Parents and Infants Transition
Of all the research done on childcare and early childhood education you’d think someone would do studies on the fear that make couples looney in the head after they become parents.
The biggest thing for a new parent is fear. Fear of what they would do if anything happened to their little Johnny or little Sue.
This advice was given to them by their loving and caring family, friends, experts and professionals that never had a child. Truly all of that wonderful advice was meant to help the new parents, but it set off a stampede of stuff inside of them even they didn’t know they had.
So for three months they are homebound with their new baby while entertaining their family and friends, hearing all of the protection laws for the infant from grandparents, aunts and uncles, godparents and admirers while the parnts forgetting they have a world of other living awaiting them when they come up for air.
When they do come up for air to breath back into the rest of living they are confronted with questions that begin to shake the fabric of their existance.
They have to return to work, they must find the perfect caregiver and they must begin the “Act” of parenting.
So now where are they? They have read all the books on how to care for their baby, how to teach, exercise, feed and love their baby.
What not to let others do or not do around the baby and all the wonderful advice from the family and best friends and experts.
Behind the doors of a child development center: The notebook of a child “Caregiver”. The way to choose a child care center, what to look for that is never revealed and things that are hid that a center may not want you to know.
1. Always have more than one visit.
2. Ask if you may make a random visit.
3. Donot pretend to smile. If you are nervous, be nervous so it can pass easily.
4. Do not be embarassed, write all of your questions down you will remember to ask them. Once you enter a room with infants you loose your thinking power because infants take your mind off why you are there.
5. When you find a center you are comfortable with, the TRANSITION is the sealer to you and your baby beig happy there.
6. A poor transition creates stress. It will leave you uninformed, nervous, in a state of emergency at all times, fearful, worried and confused becaused you have unanswered questions.
7. A good transition relieves stress. You asked all of the questions from the books and those your family and friends told you to, now you feel better.
8. A good transition consist also of getting to know the individuals that will be personally caring for your infant. Communication is number one.
The caregive should be informed of the activities of your infant for the past three months. Compare it with what will become the new schedule and work with the new caregiver to assist with the transition for your infant.
9. As you develop a relationship with the care giver you will be re- leiving yourself of the question as to the kind of care your infant will get.
10. Remember, it is ok to cry as many time as you feel like it because you are being seperated from you infant. Three thing happens when parents go back to work: a.
Parents are separated from their infant, the infant is seperated from their parents and the cargiver and the infant are alone with no clue as to how things will work out.
11. Speak to other caregivers that will care for your infant. Some individuals are hired that cannot read or write, some barely can read or write. In emergencies this could be a problem.
Slow reading could cause a childs death so could no reading.
It may be true that good workers are hard to find and there are good workers that are illeterate so where should they be placed for working in a child development center.
Love, yes and no are teaching tools yet caregivers should be able to teach through plans and also developing plans for teaching.
12. One major thing to look for when doing interviews at a center, watch out for the kind of thin skin of information you get from a director and if you don’t feel the meat and potatoes you need ask more questions and watch where the answers come from.
13. Ask to see guidelines for the center that governs the directors, curriculum director, teachers, cooks, houskeeping and traffic in the building.
14. Anyone apprehensive about answering any of those questions you should take another look at that facility.
15. The infant room should be kept clean at all time because infants crawl on the floors. Check the floors and behind the beds if you are brazen enough and you will see just how dusty they are.
Kaiser Permanente,solid foods,baby foods,toddler foods,weaning baby,
when can i feed my baby baby food,solid food,stages of weaning,solid starts,weaning pdf,weaning,american academy of pediatrics food introduction,