best kids bedroom furniture today
Growing tots with their peculiar needs and ever-growing minds learn faster than we ever can imagine.
It is a good idea to decorate your child’s room to stimulate and inspire creativity. Imagination plays a great role in developing your child’s mind and it is a great idea to fashion kids room to be safe, bright and beautiful to encourage creativity.
Modern kids & teen furniture should evolve around themes that inspire versatility. It is important to look into factors that show equilibrium in terms of style and functionality.
Kids toys and accessories should be carefully selected for different age groups for you get toys that fulfill on norms for a particular age. You can come across a plethora of modern kids furniture that is fashionable and trendy.
If you like you can also work out a theme and add décor items that allow you to personalize the room as per your child’s likings. Following are some of the furniture items you may like to take a look at,
You can find baby furniture for almost all infant months. Depending on your child’s age, following are a few important items you don’t want to miss…
Cribs and bassinets are the most important pieces of furniture for new parents. Available in a range of styles and finishes to match any nursery theme or color, you can do a lively mural to go along with the theme.
These days you get bassinets, cribs, and convertibles that can be used as toddler beds long after the baby has grown.
Few of the available features include adjustable mattress height, mattress supports, and release mechanisms, rolling casters as also teething rail.
best kids bedroom furniture today top
Mattresses are mainly of two types: foam and innerspring/coil. Foam weighs less while the innerspring/coil is designed to last longer. Bedding accessories include sheets, wedges and waterproof mattress pads.
Infant Changing Tables
One of those high-utility furniture items, changing tables come in different styles to add functionality. Any good changing table should have guardrails and also include safety straps.
Additional features include draws and shelves and also wipe warmers. The unit can be used till the baby is about two years of age.
Kids love the swaying movement on rocking chairs and enjoy it thoroughly. It also allows moms to introduce the child to the rocker as a playmate quite early during infancy. There are great rocking chair models that are fun for growing tots. It also makes a great gift for infants.
Playpens as also play yards are a great furniture for toddlers. The basic model can be used as a crib that can be easily dissembled and mounted back. You can add accessories that include a changing station, netting for outdoor use and sheets.
Cradles & Dresser
A cradle is useful for rocking the baby till about four months or when the baby can roll from side to side. They are normally accompanied with bumpers, fitted sheet, quilt and comforter.
Kids dressers are important for storage and are available in different styles and shapes and colors in the nursery.
You get all kinds of high chairs for infants. Apart from the conventional models, you get a adjustable chairs, booster chairs in different materials like steel, plastic and wood.
Ideal one should come with an adjustable tray, a safe locking mechanism, some fully reclining chairs are designed to be used for just born infants.
Beds: Twin Beds, Bunk Beds, Toddler Beds
Beds are the most versatile furniture for kid’s room. Bunk beds are in vogue with great themes and easily accommodate twin beds saving on lots of space.
Some designs allow you to easily dissemble the beds into separate ones. Twin beds are also popular owing to its functionality and can be easily used to match up with any theme.
Then there are beds that come with smart boxes to store extra stuff like toys, bedding and other things beneath the bed.
Kids Chairs and Tables
Kids chairs and tables should be decided after looking into practical details. Does your child need the table for writing and study, or also to keep the computer.
Computer workstations for children allow great space functionality with draws and open work area for writing. Chairs should be well-designed allowing the right posture while studying.
Look for details while rounding up on the best option. Ask questions as it always helps. You can ask someone about the practical details, someone who has kids and that should be great piece of information.
What to Look For When Buying Kids’ Furniture
You want the best for your children and their bedroom furniture is no exception. Comfort and safety should be your first priority, but there are a number of other features to consider when looking for the right furniture.
No furniture in your home takes more of a beating than your kids’ furniture. From a baby tugging and chewing on a crib rail, to a teenager diving onto a bed, kid’s bedroom furniture has to take a lot of abuse, so make sure you buy from a quality builder.
You can get a good idea about quality by checking references and testimonials, talking to family and friends, and simply giving the furniture a good going over – most people can tell a durable piece of furniture when they see one.
However, when it comes to kid’s furniture, durability does not always mean long-lasting. Even the finest, most durable baby furniture will be too small in a few years.
Many manufacturers build quality furniture sets that can be expanded as your kids grow, so it’s durable and long-lasting.
When choosing furniture, we often don’t think a lot about how it will be used, opting instead for looks or a good price. Nowhere is functionality more important than with kid’s furniture.
Baby bedroom furniture has to be safe for your baby, but right for your needs too. Look for shelving at the proper height so you don’t have to reach too high or too low for diaper changing needs.
Also, try to find cribs with mattresses that can be raised (so it’s easier to get your newborn in or out) and lowered (so an older baby can’t climb over the rail.)
Even children’s and teen’s furniture needs to be functional, with desk space for computers and game consoles and a place for all their belongings.
Of course, there are other things to think about when buying kid’s bedroom furniture. You ca create different moods in the room, depending on the style you choose, and matching sets will give a room a more pleasing, professionally designed look.
Safety Guide For Buying Kids Furniture
Your little one is precious, so safety is the first thing to keep in mind when shopping for furniture. Follow the guide below to ensure that you make all the safety considerations before making the purchase.
1. General Guidelines
– Read the label and check if the product meets the US Consumer Safety Commission standard for the particular furniture type or model – products especially for babies and young kids require this rating
– Consult the US Consumer Safety Commission website for any furniture recall to know what to avoid when buying a specific furniture
– Look at the furniture construction. Make sure it is sturdy, durable and rated to carry your child’s weight, size or age
– Avoid furniture with rough or sharp edges. This is an obvious hazard to your child. If you cannot avoid such, buy corner or edge guards from Home Depot and install it before letting your child use the piece of furniture
2. Prevent Furniture From Tipping Over
– Anchor furniture to the wall or floor to ensure that they do not tip over on the kid.
Children are very adventurous and they always want to climb, conquer and test furniture, so avoid having one of the 10,000 children brought annually to the hospital for furniture tip over injury
– Place heavy items like TV’s or heavy books at the lower part of bookcases or display cabinets. This also ensures the furniture will not have a tendency to tip over
– Keep your kid’s stuff low and within their reach. Avoid placing them on top of bookcases or display cabinets. No matter where his or her favorite teddy is, your child will climb to get it. So discourage that
3. Toy Chests, Closets
– When buying toy chests, avoid buying the ones with a vertically opening lid. Such an opening has a danger of having the lid fall onto your child when he or she reaches inside to get a toy.
If you cannot avoid buying a vertically opening toy chest, make sure that it has a hinge that locks into position and prevents a free falling lid. Test it yourself before buying
– Place a lock or door guard on swing-out or pullout closets to avoid being accidentally pulled open by your infant
– Choose painted finishes for closets and avoid top pressed laminates. Laminate adhesive can wear out over time and due to humidity. When the laminate lifts, it can be a splinter hazard to your child
4. Bunk Bed Safety
– As your child outgrows his crib, the next logical sleeping furniture is a bunk bed. It is perfect when sharing the room with other siblings or when optimizing bedroom space by locating storage or the study area, under the elevated bed.
However, there are still reported cases of injuries or hospitalizations due to defective bunk beds. Entrapment, falling and suffocation are the most common cases. Follow the advice below to avoid them
– Make sure the space between the guardrail and the mattress or bed frame is wide enough to allow your child to slip through. Death by strangulation has occurred on children whose head get stuck in such spaces
– Check the durability of the way the guardrail is attached. Make sure it can resist your child’s weight so it cannot dislodge and let your child fall while sleeping
– When lodging the bunk bed against a wall, make sure that there is no gap between the bed or bed frame and the wall.
Reported deaths have occurred when kids rolled off the bed’s wall side and got stuck in between the wall and the side of the bed. If there is a remote possibility that this can happen, install a second durable guardrail
– If using a double bunk bed, an unsecured mattress foundation can dislodge when the kid in the lower bed kicks upwards to the upper bunk. Avoid this by securing the upper bed mattress foundation by placing additional cross ties underneath the foundation
– Make sure that the size of the mattress fits the structure of the bunk bed structures. A mattress that is too short will have a gap with the frame. Your child can fall or be strangled on such an opening
How To Find The Best Furniture, Bedroom Furniture, Lamps, Rugs, Beds, Mirrors, Sofas, Chairs, Dining Room Furniture And Tables
Furniture is something that every home needs to give it style and comfort.
Patio furniture, bedroom furniture and dining room furniture all help to add character and elegance to your home. One of the first things that guests notice when coming to your home is the style and quality of your furniture.
Does it look nice? Is your furniture comfortable and relaxing?
When choosing furniture for your home, remember to consider the decorating theme your using throughout your entire house.
You’ll find that your own personality will shine through as you choose the best furniture, tables, lamps and rugs for your home.
Beds, bunk beds, bedspreads and other bedroom furniture make any home comfortable and relaxing. Whether it’s bunk beds for the little kids,
bedspreads or trundle beds, it’s best to choose beds that fit in with the style and décor of the rest of your house. However, comfort in beds is still the most important ingredient when selecting a bed.
Four poster beds, metal beds, children’s beds and adjustable beds can all be purchased over the internet today. There are literally thousands and thousands of varieties, colors and designs to choose from.
Select from only the best furniture representatives who offer quality, elegance, quick delivery to your home and, of course, great prices!
Kids Furniture – Shopping Tips to Create the Perfect Child Bedroom
There are all different types of kid’s furniture that you can purchase to go with the theme of their room.
However, regardless of the type of furniture you obtain for your child, you will want to make sure that it allows them to move comfortably; does not take up too much room so they still have a nice, safe play area; and is easily accessible to them.
When purchasing kids furniture there are a few aspects you will want to keep in mind.
They are the following:
1. The size of their room. In other words, how much space you have to work with. You don’t want to overload your child’s room with furniture.
2. The theme of the room: is their furniture that will match? For instance, if you are doing a fairytale room there is castle bookshelves.
3. The size and/or age of your child. If you are purchasing kids furniture for your toddler or small child, you won’t want to select items that are too tall or out of their reach.
Although you may think it better to purchase furniture that your children will “grow into”, as it will save you money in the long run, remember;
growing children like to be independent and do things themselves, if you place things out of their reach this could be potentially dangerous to them.
With these things in mind, here is an example of the type of kids furniture you can use to decorate a girls room that is based on a floral theme.
Beds: Aside from the standard twin, or double bed, the perfect bed to go with a little girl’s floral themed room is a daybed with a canopy.
You will also find that some daybeds, like the Bristol Canopy bed that can be found at www.yourkidsdirect.com, is a trundle unit that is equipped with casters and can be rolled out and raised to hold another twin mattress.
Storage Furniture: The most popular storage kids furniture is bookshelves, and for the floral room, a dollhouse bookshelf would be the perfect touch to the room.
This bookshelf is shaped like a standard open dollhouse with a number of different sized rooms that act as shelves.
Another great storage items you can add to her room is a toy box bench, which is a nifty piece of kids furniture that acts as both storage for her toys and a perfect sized seat for her.
Choose a basic one that matches the color of the furniture in her room, and add a cushion to the seat that matches the color of the bedding or walls. You can place the bench by a window, or against a wall.
Dresser and nightstand – These come in different sizes and colors, and depending on what you are looking for, these kids furniture pieces can often be purchased in a set along with a bookshelf and sometimes even a desk.
For the floral room, the best colors would be a light brown wood or furniture that has been painted white. Make sure you get the appropriate size for your child, and ensure that the furniture doesn’t have sharp edges that they can hurt themselves on.
Fun Furniture – This kids furniture can include a vanity, chairs like beanbag chairs or rocking chairs, pillow chairs and stools.
Finally, remember, while you may shop with your kids for their bedroom furniture, make sure that you purchase only the quality and safe kids furniture that you know they need and will use.
kids bedroom furniture sets,kids bedroom furniture near me,kids bedroom furniture ikea,bedroom ideas for 10 year old,best kid bedroom furniture,bedroom tax child age,kid bedroom sizes,kids bedroom furniture,